The roots of Catholic Charities in Santa Barbara go deep. We began in 1924 as the “Ladies Aid Society” of Our Lady of Sorrows Parish. Our formal name now is “The Santa Barbara Region of Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc.” Almost 90 years later, we still remain committed to serving Santa Barbara County’s working poor, those families and individuals of all faiths most in need. 100% of our funding is raised locally within the county and goes directly to support our mission of preventing hunger and homelessness by advancing self-sufficiency.
Operating on an annual region-wide budget of $1.8 million, we will need to deliver services to an unprecedented number of families and individuals – more than 44,000 unduplicated persons. Our three local Advisory Board volunteer members and the support of the communities we serve, make the challenge possible.